Chief Marketing Officer - CMO (#10150366)
Avanta Consulting has been retained by our client to search for a Chief Marketing Officer to join their North Texas based leadership team. This person will maintain vision and execute strategy for the organization's marketing and advertising plan.
Key responsibilities include
Successful candidates will have:
- Develop overall marketing strategy for the company in both USA and Canada.
- Plan, direct, coordinate marketing budget in accordance with organizational goals.
- National brand development consistent with the regional cultures and acceptance of company products within those market areas.
- Developing what the new brand position is and how that is expressed creatively for the future.
- Working with agencies, designing what the right media strategy is going forward to reposition the brand and engage with consumers.
- Working closely with retail operations to design and develop the retail marketing strategy and plan and ensuring on time execution, in line with the brand positioning.
- Develop, build and ensure company brand/image of high-quality and high-performance with the customers first in all we do.
- Plan, organize, train and manage all marketing to contribute to the achievement of corporate revenue and growth objectives.
- Understand fully how customers are changing and become involved in developing new marketing capabilities across the company.
- Heeding the voice of the customer and interacting with the company and its brands.
- Managing the complexity of all the customers segments, media and distribution channel.
- Develop segmentation, competitive analysis/market intelligence, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, promotions, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning, service units and revenue retention and growth.
- Train, coach and inspire all locations to deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Oversee digital presence, ensuring strategy is current, relevant and high performing and working in tandem with retail stores, to ensure a unified omnichannel presence and that marketing campaigns are integrated across all platforms.
- Optimize the end-to-end customer journey, ensuring the delivery of a seamless on-brand customer experience with the objective of improving customer engagement, increasing market penetration and attracting new customers.
How to Apply
- Demonstrated success in a senior strategic marketing role for a high growth organization, including 10 years of experience in digital marketing, branding and communications.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in marketing, business, communications; MBA preferred.
- Vast retail experience.
- Experiences in marketing strategy and planning, online strategy, marketing communication and execution and partnering with sales.
- Proven experience in driving high revenue growth and customer acquisition in consumer or B2B business.
- General familiarity with retail merchandising issues.
- High accountable leader with a desire to challenge the status quo, create excellence and develop a high-performing team.
- Experience in leading initiatives that meet and exceed business and financial objectives, using critical thinking.
- Strong drive for results, can be counted on to lead self and to others to exceed goals successfully.
- A management background involving a retail business environment is mandatory.
- Confident and experienced in managing and negotiating with agency partners and vendors.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong business acumen from having P&L responsibilities or revenue accountability.
- Broad leadership background and the aspiration/ability to progress to a more senior role.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.