Chief Financial Officer (#10185680)
Our client, who is focused on medical Marijuana production, research, development and distribution, is searching for an Chief Financial Officer, who will report directly to the CEO.
With operations growing at a rapid pace, our client wants to build a dedicated team to join this acquiring business, which is already a national and global recognized brand.
This candidate will lead the financial team to create efficient, accurate and scalable financial systems and processes. This fantastic opportunity is for someone who is looking to take their career to a higher level and be part of a company that is changing with the culture.
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Oversee all financial planning, management and reporting.
- Support financial operations through training and development of daily task support team (AP, AR, inventory costing).
- Develop culture and processes for risk management; focus on reliable control systems and integrity/comprehensive reporting for auditors/other third parties.
- Direct funding, capital expenditure and cash management through monitoring cash flow, implementing CapEX ROI process and reporting with transparency to IR team.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures in line with AR/AP GAAP, Cost Accounting and Tax.
- Manage relationship with all third parties: auditors, financial institutions, suppliers.
- Interact with and elevate supporting systems, specifically ERP/MRP system.
- Select, train and develop team aligned with clearly defined department goals and objectives.
- Contribute to compilation of all financial reporting.
- Oversee and approve all purchasing contracts.
- Strive to perform to measurable results and metrics aligned with financial and organizational goals and objectives.
How to Apply
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance (and might also have a master’s – an added asset) and are CPA/CMA certified.
- Experience as a CFO of a publicly traded company.
- Possess a deep understanding of the principles of Cost Accounting, GAAP, IFRS and other nifty and important acronyms.
- Have a shiny track record of success in aiding the top line revenue/growth of a business (particularly a start-up going through a big-time growth spurt).
- Are the kind of leader who can be high level and strategic to drive the business and has the confidence in accounting skills to roll up those sleeves and dive into the daily goings-on.
- Possess a strong attention to detail, operate effortlessly in a highly dynamic environment and leverage cross-functional working skills to move with agility.
- Are a natural communicator who can creatively synthesize volumes of data into key trends, observations, and actions either written or verbally.
- Are a born leader with exceptional interpersonal skills who invests in the growth and development of people, team members and relationships.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
, are a team of executive recruiters, based in Vancouver,
each specializing in a different area of focus. By dedicating time to learn about what success means for every different job function and industry, we’re able to locate the people who can make it happen. Through strategic networking and proactive headhunting using the Avantage™
approach, our team delivers hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.