Intermediate Accountant (#10345096)
Our client, a privately-owned Canadian company focused on the research, development and commercialization of rapid, point-of-care in vitro medical diagnostics are seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join their Award-Winning team in Richmond.
Reporting directly to the Director, Finance & Administration, the Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the month end and year end close process including balance sheet account reconciliations, cost accounting, cash flow management, accounts receivable and audit file assistance.
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare and post month-end journal entries
• Prepare sub-ledger reconciliation
• Prepare and validate month-end expense accruals and inventory/billing cut off
• Review accuracy of AP processes and entries
• Maintain continuity schedules for prepaids, fixed assets and other accounts as required
• Assist in preparation of monthly reporting package including variance analysis
• Preparation and filing of sales taxes
• Prepare customer invoices for electronic delivery or postal delivery
• Collect past due receivables for designated accounts
• Maintain online banking functions and process electronic payments
• Prepare bank reconciliations and weekly cash flow projections
• Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
• Review, analysis and consolidate monthly manufacturing, purchasing, sales and costing transactions in DBA Manufacturing and Quickbooks Enterprise for reporting and audit
• Reconcile data between Quickbooks Online, DBA Manufacturing and Salesforce CRM to ensure accuracy of revenue and cost of goods sold
• Coordinate quarterly Bill of Material reviews and inventory counts with Supply Chain
• Prepare year end working paper files for annual audits as they relate to inventory and cost of goods sold • Prepare monthly gross margin reports for management
• Provide cost estimates for proposed new products
• Uphold strong internal control procedures
• Involvement in ERP implementation
• Preparation for and coordination of audits (year end, government, insurance, bank)
• Participation in accounting and cross-functional projects to support corporate objectives
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports
Successful candidates will have:
• Minimum 4 years full cycle accounting experience in a multi-currency, multi-company manufacturing environment
• Accounting related degree or diploma
• Highly organized individual who demonstrates excellent attention to detail
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
• Quickbooks Enterprise experience would be considered an asset
• A base knowledge of supply chain logistics and relevant software and/or systems would be considered an asset
• Analytical and outgoing personality
• Able to multi task and prioritize with a proactive approach in a high paced environment
• Self-motivated, team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Avanta Consulting, are a team of executive recruiters, based in Vancouver, each specializing in a different area of focus. By dedicating time to learn about what success means for every different job function and industry, we’re able to locate the people who can make it happen. Through strategic networking and proactive headhunting using the Avantage™ approach, our team delivers hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.