Our client, a ‘young, exciting, and growing agricultural company’ whose mission is ‘to be the best fresh herb and specialty produce company in the world’ is looking for a Controller
to join their team in Surrey.
has been retained by International Herb Limited
to seek a Controller
to provide leadership to their financial team. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evaluating efficient and effective financial control systems. As a member of the senior leadership team, the you will be involved in strategic planning, including the annual operating plans and budgets.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Report financial status weekly to leadership team
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Review monthly results and implement monthly/quarterly variance reporting
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation for various departments
- Track, review and calculate inventory
- Review and manage legal documents
- File all tax remittances, including GST, PST, & Income Tax Installment payments
- File other monthly/quarterly remittances, such as WorkSafeBC
- Month/Quarter/Year end procedures
- Financial reporting to the bank to facilitate access to loans/lines of credit
- Manage the IT infrastructure
- University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
- CPA designation
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in accounting paired with previous leadership experience
- Background in manufacturing
- Outstanding Excel skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Self-starter, extremely driven and efficient
- Incredibly detail oriented
Here at Avanta Consulting
we are taking a very different approach to recruitment, we are building a purpose driven business, centred around "cultivating connections for the working world
," we believe in making a difference to the brands we recruit for, acting as an external HR consultant, and have built a business model around a high performing culture
of self- development
and shared goal driven success
Our mission statement: We Will Change the Way you GROW.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta Consulting