Director of Human Resources
Our client, who is focused on medical Marijuana production, research, development and distribution, is searching for a Director of Human Resources.
With operations growing at a rapid pace, our client wants a passionate leader, known for their strategic ability to bring teams and cultures together while being a catalyst for positive change and inspiring the company to achieve results.
In this key role, the right candidate will lead the development and delivery of human resources and organizational development strategies and programs to advance the clients mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities include
Successful candidates will have:
- Develop the organizations strategic and operational human resources plans.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of progressive HR programs, policies and initiatives, including talent management, labour and employee relations, performance management, total compensation, health and safety, wellness, learning, and culture and engagement across all levels within the organization. Work with leaders within other functions to understand core capabilities needed to drive business results and translate into actionable developmental programs for functional teams.
- Provide strategic advice to our executive team and to our partners in order to address complex needs and issues, ensuring the human impacts of business decisions are understood and factored into planning and decision-making. Utilize high level consulting skills to influence, coach and provide feedback to employees at all levels.
- Provide leadership and oversight to staff including work delegation, coaching, performance management and goal setting.
- Lead the development and enhancement of HR policies and procedures to address the mission, culture, emerging trends (e.g. social media, digital security) and regulatory requirements.
- Employ organizational effectiveness strategies and initiatives including program evaluation, organizational design and change management to improve efficiency in work processes, decision making, employee performance, systems and culture.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Identify key engagement drivers and develop the supporting strategies to align people, processes, and work-related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employees.
- Proactively consult and advise on employee relations matters including performance management, attendance management, disability management, conflict management, dispute management, progressive discipline, termination and day-to-day employee relations issues.
- Participate on or lead provincial working groups, committees and other initiatives to advance shared objectives, develop best practices and/or align efforts.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Federal and State requirements.
- A degree in Human Resources Management with a minimum of 10 years of relevant HR management experience;
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Firm knowledge of employment legislation within relevant provinces.
- Experience in a manufacturing, alcohol, tobacco and/or pharmaceutical environment preferred.
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Strong management and leadership skills, a proven collaborator and influencer with a strong service orientation;
- Competent in office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be bilingual, verbal and written in English and French
- Frequent travel between facilities is required
We believe in ‘cultivating connections to the working world’.
At Avanta Consulting
, our business is about making and building relationships. We find top quality candidates for our clients and help their businesses grow.
Our vision is ‘we will change the way you grow’
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team