General Manager (10927012)
has been retained by International Herb Limited to search for a General Manager
who will manage the daily growing operations at their farm in Surrey. The successful candidate will use their education and field experience to direct activities such as planting, growing, and harvesting crops, preparing reports on farm finances and supervising farm workers.
Key responsibilities include
Successful candidates will have:
- Build a grow schedule to support a sales revenue plan
- Management of all aspects of food production from planning, seeding transplants, planting, managing crops in growth stages and harvesting.
- Forecasting, budgeting and providing input in to long term grow plan.
- Crop handling: seed sowing, transplanting, harvesting
- Crop maintenance: plant health, integrated pest management, weeding, disease control, overall appearance, precision water management system with proprietary growing medium
- Creating year-round crop strategy to optimize plant health, yield, and success
- Tracking crop growth in a highly organized manner to ensure optimal quality, health and yield
- Collection and management of data
- Scout fields weekly and recommend necessary adjustments to management plans
- Test to estimate yields and monitor quality
We believe in ‘cultivating connections to the working world’.
- Possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, and other environment specific atmospheres
- Maintain personal hygiene that align with GHP/GAP and organic standards
- Be able to work in a group/team setting
- Be able to communicate clearly with fellow workers and supervisors
- Have experience managing staff with a variety of experience levels
At Avanta Consulting
, our business is about making and building relationships. We find top quality candidates for our clients and help their businesses grow.
Our vision is ‘we will change the way you grow’
Our values include ownership, responsibility and accountability
and our staff adhere these and ensure we deliver quality and integrity while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition. We are a fun, passionate and close-knit team of executive recruiters that are dedicated to providing clients with a unique approach to recruiting – proactively headhunting and delivering hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team