Operations Manager (#10927018)
has been retained by our client to search for an Operations Manager
to join their team in Bradford.
The Operations Manager will oversee the daily operations of production and shipping. They will responsible for building processes that will maximize quality, safety and productivity.
Key responsibilities include
Successful candidates will have:
- Plan, organize and direct staff to ensure all orders are completed on time and to customer specification.
- Maintain all Food Safety Programs and support Quality Assurance in documentation.
- Responsible for production efficiency, product quality and on-time shipping.
- Look for ways to reduce costs while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- Maintain timely communication with Sales and Procurement to problem solve shorts or aging product.
- Create production schedule.
- Create and Manage contract labour in cost effective manner, increasing/decreasing headcount on daily basis accordingly to production schedule.
- Supervision and development of production workers, line leads, material handlers, shipper/receivers and drivers.
- Address employee issues.
- Oversee the processing of production paperwork: pick tickets, short sheets and route to Data Entry as needed.
- Create and Maintain KPIs and provide to optimize productivity (under development).
- Create policies, procedures and SOP’s for plant activities in coordination with QA.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel.
- Responsible for the Health & Safety in the workplace following the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Support and coach team to ensure all supplies are coordinated ahead of when they are required (labels, packaging, etc).
- Ensure production building is kept clean and organized.
- Ensure exterior and surrounding area of production building, docks and delivery vehicles are kept clean and organized.
- Advise director on repairs and maintenance required for the facility. Some assistance for coordination of repairs and maintenance may be required.
- Create and manage a Preventative Maintenance (PM) Plan for all material handling equipment. Advise director on repairs and maintenance for forklifts, pallet jacks and delivery vehicles. Some assistance for coordination of repairs and maintenance may be required.
- Recruit and hire for team as required (Internal headcount determined collaboratively with Director of Ops).
- Continuously seek to improve processes.
We believe in ‘cultivating connections to the working world’.
- 3+ years in a Production/Plant Management role in a manufacturing environment.
- Agricultural or Food Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong team builder with exceptional people management skills.
- Strong change management skills.
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- English speaking; knowledge of Punjabi would be an asset.
At Avanta Consulting
, our business is about making and building relationships. We find top quality candidates for our clients and help their businesses grow.
Our vision is ‘we will change the way you grow’
Our values include ownership, responsibility and accountability
and our staff adhere these and ensure we deliver quality and integrity while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition. We are a fun, passionate and close-knit team of executive recruiters that are dedicated to providing clients with a unique approach to recruiting – proactively headhunting and delivering hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team