Sales Engineer (11048771)
has been retained by our client who develops and sells applications that serve the massively expanding universe of cloud computing solutions for state and local government. Their solution, which is on the Salesforce AppExchange, helps governments manage revenue and improve communications with citizens and business.
Our client is a small company, who are growing. Their teams are built on mutual respect and collaboration. They have work from home options, off-site team-building days, company-wide innovation and hack-a-thon days.
The permanent, full-time Sales Engineer
will work with the Sales Team as a technical subject matter expert who works hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype our product including recommending integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on the Force.com platform.
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Working with the Sales Team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Supporting the Sales Team as a Technical Subject Matter Expert when interfacing with prospective clients.
- Owning the technical relationship with our client’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Working closely with Development and Product teams to understand all current product capabilities and future feature development plans.
- Conducting train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts. This includes design and preparation of training materials, conducting training programs and maintaining a database of curricula, materials and training records.
- Acting as the in-house “go to” team member for presenting technical product demonstrations to customers, partners and internal staff as required.
- Gathering and maintaining competitive intelligence, and use this knowledge to educate both customers and employees on where our client's products fit into the competitive spectrum.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role (with customer-facing projects).
- 3+ years technical experience working within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Under-graduate Degree or Technical Certification.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (technical writing & UML) and excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptional technical project management skills, including planning, scheduling, executing, and monitoring.
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills – solution oriented.
- Ability to build a shared understanding of customer needs and motivations among members of cross-functional teams.
- Ability to be flexible and manage change within Agile Methodology.
- Exceptionally detail oriented and organized, ensuring quality and consistent output.
- Self-motivated and creative.
- Curious with excellent listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional attitude and work independently with little guidance in a fast paced, lean, changing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge or detailed understanding of State or Local governments - specifically in the area of permitting, licensing or regulatory enforcement is definitely an asset.
- Ability to travel within in North America up to 50% of the time.
We believe in ‘cultivating connections to the working world’.
At Avanta Consulting
, our business is about making and building relationships. We find top quality candidates for our clients and help their businesses grow.
Our vision is ‘we will change the way you grow’
Our values include ownership, responsibility and accountability and our staff adhere these and ensure we deliver quality and integrity while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition. We are a fun, passionate and close-knit team of executive recruiters that are dedicated to providing clients with a unique approach to recruiting – proactively headhunting and delivering hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team