Investment Assistant (11200634)
has been retained by our client Odlum Brown.
Odlum Brown celebrates its 95th
anniversary as an independent, employee‐owned, full‐service investment firm. They are honoured to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 19 consecutive years and as one of Canada’s Most Admired™ Corporate Cultures. The way they do things, how they make decisions and what defines the behaviours that work and don’t work, make up Odlum’s DNA and is manifested in their vibrant culture.
Odlum Brown has skiers, mountain bikers, hockey players, runners, volleyball players, movie buffs, bookworms, animal lovers, musicians, yogis, world travelers and every other variety of person you can imagine! You will work with really interesting people and make great friends, too.
Successful candidates will have:
- Administrative work including account documentation, filing, client mailings.
- Supporting advisor with management of portfolios including monitoring, maintaining and reviewing client accounts.
- Relationship management with a diverse group of clients ranging in age and occupation.
- Assistance with client contact including e‐mail, business writing, and telephone communication
- Executing equity and fixed income trades.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MS One Note an asset.
- Post-secondary education and previous administrative experience in the investment industry preferred.
- Previous completion of the Canadian Securities Course required. Completion of the Conduct and Practices Handbook Course to meet the qualifications necessary to be approved as a Registered Representative to follow.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven history of serving clients in a professional services environment.
- Precision, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Client service focused – committed to exceeding client expectations.
- Enthusiasm, self‐motivation, strong time‐management and relationship skills
We believe in ‘cultivating connections to the working world’.
At Avanta Consulting
, our business is about making and building relationships. We find top quality candidates for our clients and help their businesses grow.
Our vision is ‘we will change the way you grow’
Our values include ownership, responsibility and accountability and our staff adhere to these and ensure we deliver quality and integrity while exceeding client expectations in talent acquisition. We are a fun, passionate and close-knit team of executive recruiters that are dedicated to providing clients with a unique approach to recruiting – proactively headhunting and delivering hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team