Director of Operations (11380433)
has been retained by our client.
They are reinventing the agriculture game with their young, energetic approach to innovating in the industry. They challenge each team member to think about ways to bring the best fresh herbs and specialty produce to the world with integrity and wholesomeness.
As a Director of Operations
, you’ll lead the daily growing operations at their farm in Surrey, helping to optimize operations, create efficiencies and plan for long-term growth. If innovation, community and giving back are important to you, keep reading.
What You’ll Be Doing
Who We’re Looking For
- Oversee all aspects of food production—from planning to planting to seeding to managing crops, in growth stages and harvesting;
- Forecast and budget and contribute to our long-term growth plan;
- Monitor quality and report on crop maintenance, from plant health to integrated pest management to disease control;
- Develop a year-round crop strategy to optimize plant health, yield and success;
- Track crop growth to ensure optimal quality, health and yield;
- Collect and manage key data;
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics;
- Scout fields weekly and recommend necessary adjustments to management plans;
- Manage procurement and demand processes and coordinate material and resources allocation;
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction;
- Recruit and hire for team as required (Internal headcount determined collaboratively with the Operations Manager);
- Drive financial growth through data analysis of monthly and yearly trends.
- You have a strong analytical background;
- You have experience overseeing an office, warehouse, processing operations and farm production areas;
- You understand the intricacies of environment-specific atmospheres;
- You’ll work with a large team everyday—so you thrive communicating and collaborating with a breadth of employees, from field workers to supervisors;
- Your industry experience matches your leadership skills—what you bring in technical knowledge is complemented by your ability to develop and motivate a high-functioning team;
- You’ve worked in an agricultural environment, both indoors and outdoors.
About Avanta Consulting
Our client has put their trust in us to find the right candidate to join their tight-knit team because we are more than recruiters—we are cultivators of connection.
Our driven team of executive recruiters leads with authenticity to foster real relationships with the brightest thinkers and doers across North America. We’re seasoned listeners—we get below the surface and into the hearts of people so we can align the right minds with the right businesses. We don’t settle until we find the right match that will help both the perfect candidate and the business thrive. We look forward to getting to know you.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team