Communications Manager (11410298)
has been retained by our client Nature’s Path who is seeking a Communications Manager
to join their CPG brand focused on healthy, organic, and natural food. They are passionate about sustainability and creating a positive change in the world. Nature’s Path is growing fast in North America and Europe and as such they are looking for like-minded individuals to join them on their journey.
As the Manager of Communications
, you’re a passionate brand and company ambassador who is a natural born storyteller with a reputation for driving results. You build and leveraging relationships to connect brand and company narrative to the right audience at the right time. You ensure the company tells stories that motivate the desired behaviour and you have a deep understanding of communication best practices around media, blogger and influencer relations as well as industry tools and processes including how to leverage digital media.
The goal is to get people talking about Nature’s Path. Building brand and company awareness aren’t good enough as you’re driven to create strategies that support the company’s vision and result in action to help bring organics into every home one spoonful at a time.
- Support the Director of Storytelling in the development and execution of communication strategies as needed.
- Provides communication consultation and strategy development to the Nature’s Path brand team, plus other internal and external partners as assigned.
- Provide communications support when needed, for the EnviroKidz, Love Crunch and Que Pasa brand teams
- Manage projects against budgets and financial objectives
- Coordinate work efforts with others to ensure integration and completion of work
- Track and measure results which include preparing monthly, quarterly and campaign reports for the Director, Storytelling
- Assist the Director, Communications with any issues/crisis activities as required
General Thought Leadership
- Cultivate and enhance collaborative working relationships with the national/regional media plus blogger/social media influencers which includes both paid and non-paid opportunities
- Monitor industry, government and media/news developments as it relates to our business including proactively identifying breaking trends
- Service regular media requests and act as a source of information
- Prepare and coach spokespeople to ensure the most positive outcome
- Represent the Nature’s Path brand and company as spokesperson as required
- Develop media materials such as news releases, talking points, bios, pitch letters, alerts
- Contribute to the strategic development around our third-party, contracted spokespeople and lead the management of work
- Oversee media monitoring plus track and measure results which include preparing monthly, quarterly and campaign reports for the Director, Storytelling
Successful candidates will have:
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities for executive for consumer, trade and business events to support corporate vision and strategies
- Create speaker presentations as needed
- Identify award opportunities and prepare submissions
- Identify partners and ways to leverage to propel the Nature’s Path brand and company vision forward
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field or related experience
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in Communications or Public Relations
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent project and team management skills
- Strong media relations skills; proven track record working with executives, press and influencers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and passion for the organic food industry is an asset
- Experience handling budgets and forecasting/reporting results
- A demonstrated track record on leading a team through the campaign planning and execution processes
- Experience in using digital media to reach consumers and tell effective stories
- Ability to explain and share complex concepts in a way that everyone can understand
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to quickly prioritize and react to changing dynamics and communicate priorities to key internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional ability to work with the public with confidence and enthusiasm
About Avanta Consulting
The team at Nature’s Path has put their trust in us to find the right candidate to join their tight-knit team because we are more than recruiters - we are cultivators of connection.
Our driven team of executive recruiters leads with authenticity to foster real relationships with the brightest thinkers and doers across North America. We’re seasoned listeners—we get below the surface and into the hearts of people so we can align the right minds with the right businesses. We don’t settle until we find the right match that will help both the perfect candidate and the business thrive. We look forward to getting to know you.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team