Director of R&I (11464190)
has been retained by our client to look for a Director of R&I
to join their great team who are a driven and vivacious group of people.
Reporting to the R&I Senior Director, The Director of R&I
will be responsible for leading the Applied R&I team to support product innovation through ensuring the technical viability of new products. He/she will directly contribute to the technical viability and competitiveness of existing products by leading product improvement and efficiency initiatives.
You take Research and Innovation seriously while having fun at work with the team! You value integrity, you are an effective communicator, you take ownership, show initiative and leadership in everything you do and are performance driven. You, not only love the culture but contribute to it.
Key responsibilities include
Successful candidates will have:
- Reformulating current products to support cost saving initiatives, supply interruptions, and QA initiatives
- Contribute to the sensory evaluation program
- Testing specs, density, particle size, pH, etc. - Specification development
- Testing method validation
- Develop the stability program
- Validate shipping conditions
- Validate packaging
- Ingredient qualification
- Oversight of the formula management system
- Certifications: Non-GMO Project Verification, Vegan Action, USDA Organic, NSF Sport, and Informed Choice
- Hold weekly One on One meetings with the Applied R&I team members
- Ensure that the Applied R&I team is aligned on deliverables and timelines to support product development projects and product improvement projects
- Participate and contribute to the R&I strategic plan
- Lead product improvement and cost saving initiatives on beverage, supplement, and nutritional bar products through formula optimization, ingredient sourcing, commercialization, and testing validation
- Support the procurement team in resolving supply constraints through sourcing efforts and reformulation
- Collaborate with various internal departments including; Procurement, Production, Marketing, QA, and Regulatory to ensure the commercial viability of new and/or improved products
About Avanta Consulting
- Minimum B.Sc. degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and/or food science
- Sc. degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and/or food science an asset
- 5-10 years of experience in a relevant role in the food industry or the natural health product/dietary supplement industry
- Hands on experience in the formulation and commercialization of food products or natural health products/dietary supplements
- Familiar with the Canadian Food & Drug Acts and Regulation and FDA regulations for Food and Dietary Supplements (DSHEA)
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Must be able to travel to the US on short notice
- You have an unrelenting desire to achieve
- The outdoors isn’t just the place between your car and house
- You have a sense of humor and passion for health and wellness
- You love to have fun, but take your responsibilities seriously
Our client's team has put their trust in us to find the right candidate to join their tight-knit team because we are more than recruiters - we are cultivators of connection.
Our driven team of executive recruiters leads with authenticity to foster real relationships with the brightest thinkers and doers across North America. We’re seasoned listeners—we get below the surface and into the hearts of people so we can align the right minds with the right businesses. We don’t settle until we find the right match that will help both the perfect candidate and the business thrive. We look forward to getting to know you.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team