Social Media Specialist (11496935)
has been retained by our client bioLytical
to seek a Social Media Specialist
to support their growth model and provide best in class service to their customers.
bioLytical’s INSTI is the world’s fastest testing platform – providing results in just 1 minute. Yes, you read that correctly – results in 1 minute not 1 to 2 weeks! bioLytical has been in business since 2002 and have recently been growing like crazy with the launch of new products all over the world. bioLytical Laboratories has ranked on Business in Vancouver’s Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies list two years in a row and is the winner of the 2018 Lifesciences BC’s Growth Stage MedTech Company of the Year.
The full suite of INSTI tests are greater than 99% accurate and have a world-wide footprint of regulatory approvals including US FDA, Health Canada, World Health Organization Prequalification and CE mark for Europe. bioLytical markets its HIV point-of-care tests, HIV self-tests and dual HIV/Syphilis Multiplex point-of-care tests globally with a strong product pipeline from the research team. INSTI is the world’s fastest test, which means more people tested, more people diagnosed and more people linked to care.
bioLytical is looking for talented and passionate people to join them on their mission to end AIDS. With millions of tests already sold, INSTI is trusted by healthcare professionals and recently available to consumers. Come join bioLytical on their journey and help make a difference in the world!
bioLytical is always looking for ways to increase the customer service and relentlessly improving the touch points customers’ have with their brand. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Specialist is a critical member of the team who will build the online presence and community of the INSTI brand by producing and publishing high-quality campaigns and branded content across the social media channel. bioLytical is looking for someone passionate about connecting with other humans and providing a customer-centric digital brand experience. You will play a vital role in achieving exponential growth and driving forward their mission to get people tested with the best technology on the market.
You live the INSTI core values through and through:
INNOVATION in what we do and think.
NEVER SAY NEVER to the impossible.
SENSATIONAL to our clients, partners, to each other, and to yourself.
OWNERSHIP of your own decisions, actions, and results.
INSPIRED to excel, help others, and the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and execute bioLytical’s social media marketing programs including the country launches of their consumer products, seasonal engagement campaigns with their B2B customers.
- Oversee the health and growth of key social media communities and channels and proactively make recommendations on how to improve both.
- Create, curate, and manage all published organic social media content (images, video and written).
- Develop initiatives to grow online presence and increase engagement rates.
- Engage with their online community on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Being a key member in the marketing team, assisting in various marketing areas, may include PR coordination and social campaigns.
- Monitor online performance using Hootsuite or Sprout Social and measure impact of social media campaigns.
Successful candidates will have:
- Customer-focused, detail-oriented, and team player attitude who takes initiative and thrives in managing multiple channels and determining priorities on the fly based on urgency and time.
- Comfort working with and confidently talking about sexual health, sexually transmitted infections, STI prevention methods, condoms, sex toys, lubricants, etc.
- Open and love-all attitude. If you don’t have awareness of or aren’t a member of the LGBTTTQQIAA community, then you have an openness and willingness to learn.
- Confidence, engaging written and oral communication skills, with superior proofreading and copy editing abilities.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar content management/digital production role.
- Experience with social media communications and an expert of all things social.
- Understanding of SEO principles and content optimization.
- Deep understanding of social analytics, with knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Ability to interact with different sources of data and develop insights and recommendations from it.
- Design-minded with operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop Illustrator) is an asset.
- Experience in Wordpress is an asset.
You are a customer-focused, pro-active thinker who is passionate about creating customer experiences to drive brand loyalty, growth opportunities and educating nay-sayers. You have a talent for creating relevant and engaging content, growing audiences, and connecting within their social media communities. Once content is published, you’re constantly watching the numbers and tracking engagement to see what works best across audiences and channels, and using this data to advise on future content.
About Avanta Consulting
bioLytical’s team has put their trust in us to find the right candidate to join their tight-knit team because we are more than recruiters - we are cultivators of connection.
Our driven team of executive recruiters leads with authenticity to foster real relationships with the brightest thinkers and doers across North America. We’re seasoned listeners—we get below the surface and into the hearts of people so we can align the right minds with the right businesses. We don’t settle until we find the right match that will help both the perfect candidate and the business thrive. We look forward to getting to know you.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team