Payroll Administrator (11733912)
has been retained by our client to look for a Payroll Administrator
to join their great team who are a driven and vivacious group of people. This year, our client celebrates its 95th
anniversary as an independent, employee-owned, full-service investment firm. They are honoured to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 19 consecutive years and as one of Canada’s Most AdmiredTM
As a Payroll Administrator you will work in a collaborative environment with our Payroll and Benefits team. You are a results driven and detailed-orientated team member, ready to contribute to the responsibilities of the payroll and benefits departments.
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Maintain and process payroll for all salaried and commission employees
- Calculate and reconcile month-end commissions
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile payroll related general ledger accounts
- Prepare and document payroll related remittances reports and entries
- Assist in the preparation of year-end T4s and T2200s
- Provide backup and support to the benefits and human resource team
- Maintain employee records
- Leverage payroll data to complete internal management reports and Statistics Canada reports
- Prepare internal reports for annual compensation reviews
- Payroll experience in a complex commission based environment
- Experience with Ceridian InSync, Dayforce or similar human resource information system
- Canadian Payroll Association certification (PCP or CPM)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience at an investment firm is an asset
About Avanta Consulting
Our client’s team has put their trust in us to find the right candidate to join their tight-knit team because we are more than recruiters - we are cultivators of connection.
Our driven team of executive recruiters leads with authenticity to foster real relationships with the brightest thinkers and doers across North America. We’re seasoned listeners—we get below the surface and into the hearts of people so we can align the right minds with the right businesses. We don’t settle until we find the right match that will help both the perfect candidate and the business thrive. We look forward to getting to know you.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Looking forward to hearing from you!
The Avanta team