Plant Supervisor (#4423999)
The Plant Supervisor is responsible for supervision of plant operations and development of a top quality production team. This hands-on position includes ensuring cost effective production, adherence to safety and health procedures and proper upkeep and maintenance of equipment. The incumbent also provides input on work direction, coaching and discipline.
- Provides input to the Plant Manager on the scheduling and coordinating of daily production activities to meet production requirements.
- Makes recommendations for improvement to increase yield or reduce waste and/or to streamline operations. Manages continuous improvement processes through Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitors expenditures and informs Plant Manager when expenditures are over budget or unusual.
- Remains current on latest production methods and makes recommendations for implementation as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with Health and Safety polices and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with quality control and HACCP procedures.
- Provides input for capital expenditures.
- Recommends policies and procedures to determine best practices in Operations.
- Assists in preparing various reports involving labour utilization, equipment efficiencies and quality reports.
- Assists the Plant Manager with labour relations and provides input on personnel decisions.
- Resolves first level grievances with the union and elevates others to the Plant Manager.
- Provides input on employee selection, training and discipline.
- Liaises with Purchasing to ensure raw materials and supplies are purchased cost effectively and meet delivery needs.
- Maintains time cards and handles transmission of data. Liaises with Payroll on related issues.
- Carries out other projects and duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor in Food Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 2 to 5 years experience in food/beverage production management, which includes dairy production, including at least 1 year at a supervisory level, preferably in a unionized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work within budget
- Success record of producing quality products effectively and profitably.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Computer knowledge – MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Inventory management.
- Knowledgeable with HACCP
- Knowledgeable with WCB and Health and Safety experience.
- Knowledgeable with BC labour laws and industrial relations
- Ability to function and perform under pressure.
- Good oral and written communication.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.