Our award winning client has been creating delectable desserts for customers across Canada and the USA since they first opened their doors in 1979. They are the leading manufacturer of high quality frozen desserts, and pride themselves on using all natural flavors, and no artificial fats in their irresistible cakes. Avanta Consulting has been retained to conduct a search for a Senior Product Designer. Reporting to the VP of Product Design and Innovation, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of new products, and infusing passion and charisma into every project.
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Creative product development
- Is a leader on trends, newest ingredients, top chefs, competitors and provides updates in these areas
- Assemble accurate and timely summary documents, guidelines, test data and trial plans
- Ensures updates are provided to VP of PDI on status of all projects
- Identifies risks to new product time lines
- Be a key participant in delivering all new product launches to market – transformational products, custom work for customers, and line extensions
- Construct proof of concept samples for new products.
- Contributes in driving the internal innovation process from a culinary perspective, identifying trends and new product development opportunities to support customer needs
- Work within the timelines of the product development process to ensure smooth and efficient collaboration with the marketing, procurement and operation teams.
How To Apply
- 6+ years in a related role (I.e., Product Developer, Pastry Chef, Baker)
- Advanced Culinary training, or related education or training
- Strong culinary, baking, technical, food science background.
- 3+ years supervising others.
- Equipment, ingredient and product testing knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.