Our client, a rapidly growing North American Franchiser looking to double its footprint over the next 5 years, is seeking a Controller to provide leadership to their financial team. Reporting to the President, you will play a key role in developing, maintaining and evaluating efficient and effective financial control systems. As a member of the senior leadership team, the you will be involved in strategic planning, including the annual operating plans and budgets.
Key responsibilities include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Establish and maintain an accounting system that guarantees the accurate presentation of financial results.
- Prepares timely and accurate internal and external financial reports in order to provide management with a precise overview of the company’s financial position.
- Supports the President in sound decision-making by providing financial and operational analyses and interpretation of financial results, costs, profits and rates of return and general business advice and counsel.
- Collaborates in the development of key performance indicators and contributes to organizational strategy and policy making, as required.
- Prepares the annual budget for approval; updates and monitors the budget and reports on variances.
- Develops business plans and capital and operating budgets; reviews operating costs, monitors budgets and provides advice on capital requirements.
- Administers the design and implementation of financial information systems and ensures they are fully utilized; seeks ways to improve financial reporting and controls.
- Develops and monitors capital expenditure budgeting considering cost, financing costs, cash flow and ROI.
- Formulates and recommends corporate accounting policy in accordance with GAAP and recommends any necessary changes for approval.
- Develops and maintains the internal control structure ensuring that the integrity of information is maintained in the areas of A/R, A/P, treasury, revenues, inventory, fixed assets and financial reporting.
- Oversees payroll activities and ensures timely remittance of statutory deductions.
- Functionally supervises all accounting activities including hiring, training, appraising performance, and resolving performance problems.
- Directs and reviews work performed by accounting staff in order to ensure accuracy and to remain fully appraised of the financial activities of the company at all times.
- Manages the audit process, prepares year-end working papers and liaises with external auditors to ensure audited financial statements are accurate and complete.
How To Apply
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation, (CA, CGA, CMA).
- A minimum of 3 years related professional experience at a senior level responsible for managing an accounting department.
- Knowledge of financial, administrative and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Solid business acumen and experience establishing key performance indicators to monitor operations and financial targets.
- Knowledge of practices and principles related to development and operation of computerized payroll and financial reporting systems.
- Demonstrated managerial, planning and organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems in complex situations.
- Ability to assess financial trends and concerns and develop effective solutions.
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to develop and implement new processes and systems that will increase efficiency and effectiveness and support decision-making.
- Exceptional team building skills with a demonstrated ability to lead people
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.