Head of Finance (#9890653)
Our client is seeking an experienced Head of Finance. This is a senior level management position, and will be located in our clients Vancouver office. This position will manage and supervise all accounting duties, tax, financial reporting and develop a close working relationship in support of the business’ objectives.
This person will be proactive, have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently needed and have an understanding of US payroll and tax laws.
Successful candidates will have:
- Establishes key business initiatives with measurable goals that provide support to the overall account and company strategy.
- Responsible for client invoicing, collections management, and project budgeting.
- Oversees/Prepares budgets, establishing key metrics, and monitoring performance; maintaining a healthy office P&L.
- Identifies operational issues, develops plans to address these issues, and oversees implementation.
- Conducts project reviews to monitor project performance.
- Provides knowledge and experience including but not limited to: facility management processes, construction and engineering processes, materials, contract administration, subcontractor management, claim negotiations, project controls, labor relations, finance, manpower development and utilization.
- Provide technical and analytic guidance in identifying and solving problems as they pertain to accounting, project and financial issue.
How to Apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years of experience managing an office or team in the facility management industry.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial-related reports.
- Advanced knowledge of project accounting concepts and practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing at all management levels.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to multitask competing priorities.
- Commitment to driving strong business performance, continuous improvement and best practices.
- Creative and proactive approach to problem solving.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
, are a team of executive recruiters, based in Vancouver,
each specializing in a different area of focus. By dedicating time to learn about what success means for every different job function and industry, we’re able to locate the people who can make it happen. Through strategic networking and proactive headhunting using the Avantage™
approach, our team delivers hard-to-find candidates on a consistent basis.